Bioeconomy in our daily life-webinar: ” What the tree can do”
May 28 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 pm UTC+1| Free
In collaboration with the Dutch Hub the Nordic Hub is organizing “What the tree can do” as the second webinar of the BLOOM Bioeconomy Webinar Series. In the webinar you will meet four top researchers in the different fields of forest bioeconomy. We will talk about opportunities related to wood fibers and lignin as well as perspectives of future research, forest availability and the role of bioeconomy in a sustainable future.
- Cellulose Fibres – Available products and opportunities
- – Research Manager, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Katariina Torvinen
- Lignin products: from research to demonstration – Dr. ing., Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, Richard Gosselink
- New materials from the forest – from super-strong fibres to wood-batteries
– PhD, researcher/Platform coordinator Treesearch, Josefin Illergård
- Wood and forest: sustainably contributing to a circular bioeconomy – Dr., Principle Scientist / Team Lead Sustainable Bioeconomy, EUROPEAN FOREST INSTITUTE (EFI), Diana TuomasJukka
Q&A Session and Panel Discussions about the forest role in a circular economy and a sustainable society.