WEBINAR: Innovative use of digital technologies in rural areas in post – COVID-19
September 10, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+1
Next 10th of September at 14:00 – 15:00, LIVERUR has organised a webinar about the innovative use of digital technologies in rural areas in post-Covid19
A number of innovation projects are already developing solutions based on digital technologies to address practical problems or opportunities in several sectors (farming, fishing, tourism, food processing, craft etc.). The smart and mobile technologies provide easy-to-adapt solutions to many of the challenges faced by rural communities in rural, remote, mountain areas.
After the first boom of COVID-19 and just before the new one, as the piloting phase for LIVERUR project consortium starts now with a long delay, it would be important to focus to re-think and redesign the objectives, needs, strategies, setup and implementation of the planned Circular Rural Living Labs.
The following areas can be in the main focus of the activities in the next 18 month.
- Data revolution: emerging new business models in agri-food by short food supply chain
- Digital Innovation Hubs: mainstreaming digital agriculture, digital (eco) tourism, food
processing, digital traceability,
- Multi-level strategies for digitising agriculture and many sectors in rural /remote/ mountain
- Enabling farmers for the digital age: the new role of the advisory systems
- Agri-Innovation Roadmap: Digitising rural economies as wider as possible
The Best Practices on the innovative use of digital technologies could help to implement the LIVERUR piloting actions. The following projects and their presentations could help to shaping the digital (r)evolution in the piloting regions in many sectors, as they have direct impacts for the food safety and security.
The following Case studies would help you to understand the entire value chain of open innovation,
from the ideation, brainstorming, software /platform development, testing, evaluation.
1. TRACIO (ICELAND) – Connecting the dots for sustainable future
2. e-HACCP – Digital Daily Diary of HACCP
Moderator: Tunde Kallai from TRA