A concrete attempt to apply criteria of circularity and development of local economy models is represented by the creation of a point of supply and exchange of services between different local agricultural companies: the weekly market of Paciano (Trasimeno – IT).
- Olive oil producers
- Wine producers
- Flour and bread producers
- Cheese producers
- Jams and fruit preserves producers
- Manufacturers of cosmetics resulting from the use of by-products
- Manufacturers of furnishing or embellishment objects derived from waste materials
- Repair of used, obsolete or damaged objects over time
- Associations for the promotion of tourist and cultural routes
- Local municipalities
- Associations for the social inclusion of protected or disadvantaged groups
- Companies for the production of renewable energy (woody material), etc.
A management regulation is the basis of the weekly event, with precise roles and tasks assigned according to the different skills, including a leader for each supply chain.
The model can be extended and replicated to the entire territory of Trasimeno and can be taken as a reference for young farmers who want to build together a new economic model of local economic development based on concepts such as circular economy, open innovation, social inclusion, co-creation.
The IT tools implemented (INTRANET PLATFORM) will help to support and improve this initiative.
(Paolo Burini – UCT)